Find Out About Our Next Adventure!

The Joy Diet Journey is now complete. Feel free to browse through our posts and follow along in your own pace, in your own time. If you're interested in finding out about more book adventures with The Next Chapter, just sign up for my newsletter and you won't miss a thing!

Friday, October 23, 2009

The Joy Diet: Risk



MP3 File

I'm afraid I've continued to have some technical difficulties, so this week I'm sharing with you an audio instead of a video.

Several people have been mentioning that they feel they'd like to take longer with each ingredient but they don't want to miss out on connecting with the group. One thing you might consider is forming a subgroup, exploring each ingredient for 2 weeks and keeping each other company along the way. That would take you to January 1st.

My eye will have to stay on the weekly participants and I will wrap up on November 27th as planned (in fact, I'll likely hold a Joy Call that day to celebrate the end of the journey and to enjoy Feasting together!), but if the bi-weekly pace feels right to you, please, identify yourselves to one another in the comments and form an EP (extended play) group. You can still post Treats on the Treat post. You'll just know to look out for each other at the 2 week mark. You could even add (EP) to your link so that you can identify one another other easily.

Whatever pace you choose for the journey, I hope this next little bit brings you a taste of joy.

PS Because last week's video was hard to hear, I've provided transcripts here.


13 comments:

  1. What a great audio recording. Jamie you have a wonderful way of making difficult topics, like risk, seem accessible. Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, thanks for doing what you do -- for creating such a wonderful community and for offering your wise thoughts on living a joyful life. You bring so many great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome. I love your Ideals. I am no longer posting , but will continue supporting others and reading there posts. I resolved my anger issue. But painting and creating wisdom cards. This is a true joy. I am finally able to send out wisdom with out complete details of my past. So I have grown in creative writing. Thank you for inspiring me so much. With all of your positive energy.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have shown once again what an extraordinary coach you are! Going far beyond your way to take care of us, giving out a transcript and suggesting a sub group for eveyone to feel comfortable :)
    I knew you looked fabulous even before you mentioned it. ;) By now I can imagine the way you move while you talk.
    The difference between comfort zone and boundaries is pure genius. My comfort zone is sooooo ermmm ... comfortable. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Well, I am sure you absolutely do look fabulous, Jamie! You sound fabulous!

    This has been a busy week for me ... However, I have decided to "RISK" by wrecking my Joy Diet book and move through the weekly check-ins but likely to find a fit with EP (extended play) version.

    Jamie, thanks so much for your carefree motivations! Combining "wrecking" and "joy" has been fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the audio, but I sure missed your contagious smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some fun opportunities came up this week!! I'm excited - I still need to do my vision cards!! WANT to - but just haven't . . . & this was the first of your messages that came up on my screen (I just changed DSL servers ??)
    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Jamie! :) It's always a pleasure to hear from you! Blessings, Sharmila /Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had such a challenge posting this week, and I am a day late. I am struggling with the exercises, so I know that my buttons are being pushed big time. This tells me I am on track. Hmmmm. Anyway, I posted and this post was a big risk for me, as I have announced publicly what I my big desire is and what my steps are right now, that I have not yet been able to do. Yikes. I do invite comments though, because I so want to break through this level I have been stuck at. Thanks for providing this space, Jamie, and all of the wonderful, supportive participants here that I have been getting to know a little. Looking forward to the next weeks and some easier chapters (please!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops Sorry! I hit enter twice - the 2nd time whenI came back from visiting a blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made it...late, but still here...I knew alot of my challenges would be this weekend and not Friday so i waited...

    Jamie, thank you so much for all you do.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I'm late, too. Love hearing your voice - and since I've seen a couple of the previous videos it makes it easy to see your expressions even without the visual component this time.

    Good luck with the tech stuff!

    thanks for all you do for us.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad we're sharing the Joy Journey! Here's to amping up our joy!